Skip to main content

Curtain Call

As with the last post, this one is going to deviate a fair bit from the topic of street foods, but here we go…
Most everyone left yesterday, and my time here ends tomorrow.
As I said previously, it's somewhat bittersweet, it all went by so quickly, and there's still so much I wasn't able to see.
That said, I know with absolute certainty now that I'll be coming back in the future, hopefully sooner rather than later.

So now I sit here in my room at the Senshu dorms, packing my things up and thinking back on my time here as I prepare for my final night in Japan.
My rampant over-spending over the past two weeks unfortunately caused me to have to live quite conservatively over the final few days, and so I wasn't able to complete much of my plans I reserved for the extra days, but hey, money comes, money goes, what really matters is that I had a great time with everyone who was also on this little adventure.

Tonight, I'm making a trip out to Yokohama, as I was not able to go during our course time due to weather.  Fortunately, there is also a 30th anniversary celebration for one of my most beloved video game series, Final Fantasy, in Yokohama tonight.  I'd definitely regret missing out on this, so even though my entire body aches and my legs feel like they're ready to buckle, I'm going to fight through it.
I'm also going to make a trip out to the Tokyo Tower following the festivities.  I can't leave Japan without some serious night shots of the tower with my actual camera (I only had my phone with me when we had the final banquet nearby).

It's shaped up to be a somewhat busy final day, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Well, that's it for me, see you all back in Calgary!


Comments