Skip to main content

Ivanas final post

Ivana Dokic

Hi everyone, first off, I'd love to just thank anyone reading this blog and just say that I am so thankful to have had to opportunity of seeing Japan. To be honest, the food in Japan has been impeccable. Regardless of the quality, I have enjoyed food from places such at seven eleven all the way to one hundred dollar buffet dinners. Further, I'd like to mention my favourite foods in a condensed form. My number one favourite thing that I tried in Japan was the BBQ Cheetos. I know this sounds lame and ridiculous... But the first time I tried these, I was with Alex, Liam, Emma and Ashley at karaoke in Kawasaki and we each received a little snack bowl to enjoy while singing. Ultimately, I enjoyed my snack bowl while indulging in the Cheetos and I had no idea what they were until a few days later when we all went to seven eleven and I found them on the shelf in the chips isle. Needless to say, Ashley and I each got our own bag and finished it that evening. A second favourite food that I had was gyoza. The gyoza in the first place we had them were super expensive. A few students from Senshu took us to a restaurant and the gyoza were 600 yen. However, when we went to this place, they were 157 yen. Of course, this was way more tempting, so each of us ordered our own gyoza. I enjoyed them so much that I went back 3 or 4 times for more. The best part was being able to mix your own sauce and I added tons of chillies because I love spicy food. Finally, the last food I wanted to talk about was the cereal. Ashley and I has a hard time getting used to grilled fish and miso soup for breakfast... So we ended up purchasing cereal and milk to have for breakfast. First, I was super excited to have it because my stomach was craving some plain food. Anyways, after trying it, I was relived and then I realized that we finished the entire box of cereal in one day. What?? So we figured out that people here very rarely eat sweet food for breakfast, and that was a change from what I'm used to. Ultimately, I'm so thrilled to have had the opportunity to try all of the different foods in Japan. I will try to make gyoza at home in order to be able to enjoy it in the same way as I did in Japan. 

Thank you for staying tuned!!

Ivana Dokic 

Comments